Job Title: Receiving Associate
Department: Store Support
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager and/or Store Manager
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for in-store activities within the Department, including providing assistance to the Store Manager by ensuring accuracy with all deliveries to the store. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Properly identify, physical count and process every item that is delivered to the receiving department.
- Verify items against purchase orders for product type, quality, and quantity.
- Verify expiration dates in all item that is delivery to the receiving department.
- Identified and proper manage damage goods and items that is delivery to the receiving department.
- Identify invoice discrepancies and action in accordance with company policy.
- Process invoice paperwork and forward to appropriate departments.
- Communicate issues with Price Differences and not On File’s and action in accordance with Senior Management guidance.
- Process all credit and Return Receivers in accordance with company policy.
- Ability to understand, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform intermediate Math.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to endure cold temperatures.
- Successful 1-2 experience in receiving operations or in a related field.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
Job Function- Company Standards
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following.
- Greet, Offer to Assist and Thank (GOT) all customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner anywhere in the store.
- Effectively handle customer complaints and contact supervisor or manager if necessary.
- Commit to the company’s motto “BETTER BECAUSE WE CARE” and work with other associates to build a strong department team.
- Observe and report to shift as scheduled or assigned by Department Manager.
- Acknowledge and follow all department, store and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times in accordance to company dress code.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that demonstrates good work ethic by being Respectful, Supportive, and Totally Team Oriented.
- Practice the “Clean as you go” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Ensure sales and work area are swept and mopped clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards, report hazards to management.
- Able to operate, clean and properly store department equipment and tools.
- Notify Management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns, unauthorized sampling, or property damage/defacement.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Department Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Play an active role in the company’s commitment to care, quality, value and service while upholding its vision, mission and culture points.
Job Function- Position Standards
- Inspect preparation areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices according to DEH.
- Assist in maintaining department’s goals and standards in cooperation with store manager, and senior managers (such as gross profit, presentation, etc.).
- Receive, inspect, unload store deliveries properly; store price, date, rotate, and stock and prepare product for display and sale.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records (receiving logs, invoices, inventory, etc.), and report any issues to Assistant Store manager or Store Manager in a timely manner.
- Assist in guaranteeing outstanding product quality and presentation through cooperation with managers and associates.
- Keep all products rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first FIFO (first in, first out).
- Participate actively in controlling shrink (such as pick-ups, security, shoplifting, product handling, prevent damage).
- Communicate needs and challenges to the Manager to optimize the performance of the department.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality, report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Remove trash and clean department garbage containers.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Receiving Associate, you’ll start earning between $9.25 and $12.86 per hour, depending on experience.
Application Submission Deadline: March 16th, 2023