Job Title: Pharmacy Manager
Reports To: Pharmacy Senior Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for effectively planning, organizing, leading, coordinating and optimizing the materials and human resources in the assigned department. The position must manage daily operations, expenses, associate development, and customer satisfaction. The position must provide variety and high-quality pharmaceutical and other health care products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the department while maintaining great customer service.
- Provide all customers with prompt and courteous service in a confidential and private setting.
- Assist patients with prescription drug treatments with an aim to help treat, manage and prevent illnesses, pain and other symptoms.
- Monitor and educate patients in compliance with all regulations.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures.
- Dispensing medications to the public
- Ensure different treatments are compatible.
- Check dosages and ensure that medicines correctly supplied and labelled.
- Update the register of narcotic controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes.
- Liaise with doctors about prescriptions.
- Sell over the counter medications.
- Advise the public on the treatment of minor ailments.
- Advise patients of any adverse side effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines and treatments.
- Offer blood pressure and diabetic screening.
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice new drug and their uses.
- Conduct performance evaluations, associate training, and development and disciplinary or coaching actions to meet department goals, objectives and budgets.
- Ensure that all department associates are trained according to store policies and procedures to meet the standards of the department.
- Maintain knowledge of Pharmaceutical products and services.
- Monitor and manage administrative duties, scheduling and assigning tasks and department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and maintain communication logs, shrink logs, product logs, to do lists, Manager’s List etc.
- Arrange the delivery of prescription medicine to patients.
- Maintain proper inventory management utilizing the QSL pharmacy system.
- Checking health insurance for eligibility and balance.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Intermediate computer competency preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Experience in QS1 Pharmacy System preferred.
- Ability to display initiative, follow instructions and work with limited supervision.
- Organized time management skills.
- Strong management/leadership skills.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Willingness to learn P&L reports and/CTO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from Jamaica, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand
- Successful 3-4 experience as Registered Pharmacist or Pharmacist Manager.
- Must be Registered as Pharmacist in the Cayman Islands
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Pharmacy Manager, you’ll start earning between $$61,000.00 – $64,000.00 annually based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: March 16th, 2023