People, Culture & Development Manager
Job Title: People, Culture & Development Manager
Reports To: Senior Manager of People, Culture & Development
Job Summary – The holder of this position reports to the Senior Manager of People, Culture & Development and is responsible for effectively leading, coordinating, organizing, planning, and optimizing human, intellectual and technology resources in the People, Culture & Development department to support the company’s vision, mission, and culture. The holder of this position will utilize their skills to develop, execute, monitor, and evaluate company policies, procedures and programs related to employment, personnel records, legal compliance, associate communications, associate development, and succession planning.
- Partner with Accounting to ensure all immigration fees, health and pension payments are compliant.
- Partner with Accounting for company payroll.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION
- Ensure People, Culture & Development associates are adhering to all company policies and procedures.
2. Ensure fair and consistent treatment following the policies and procedures as outlined in CARE to promote and maintain high associate morale in the People, Culture & Development department.
3. Ensure People, Culture & Development team CARE assessments and annual summaries are completed and returned to HR in accordance with company policy.
PEOPLE AND CULTURE MANAGEMENT
- Oversee day to day operations, monitor team performance and solve issues that arise to ensure department goals are met.
- Directs the development, interpretation and application of all Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure consistency and conformity throughout the company.
- Directs the overall philosophy of the company’s recruitment, placement, training, and program development.
- Oversee the administration of wage and salary policies, performance appraisal and pay systems; ensures that company compensation packages are competitive in the market.
- Directs the administration of company benefit programs.
- Protects the interest of associates and the company in accordance with the company’s personnel policies and appropriate governmental laws and regulations.
- Oversee the Safety and Worker’s Compensation programs.
- Facilitates overall company communication with all associates.
- Apply and monitor department structures to ensure effective recruiting practices and use of human resources.
- Monitor Human Resource KPI’s (e.g. retention, vacancies)
- Ensure People, Culture & Development team addresses employee’s request and concerns in a timely manner.
- Routine audits of departments ensuring adherence to Human Resources policies and procedures. compliance.
- Ensure compliance with various Cayman Islands laws i.e. labor, health, pension, immigration and WORC.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR requirements.
Ensure new-hire training needs are being met in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure training programs are developed to meet company needs for department associates.
- Direct the development programs to ensure trained and knowledgeable candidates are available for succession planning.
ORGANIZATION SUPPORT AND COMMUNICATION
- Consistently demonstrate good judgement and the ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations.
- Participate in team building by training, coaching and developing staff in collaboration with company policies and procedures.
- Delegate tasks, set deadlines and use initiative, ingenuity, and good judgement to act on opportunities and solve challenges.
- Recognize high performance and create an inspiring team environment with a culture of open communication.
- Conduct regular team meetings with People, Culture & Development associates.
- Support the company’s leadership team with any needs and challenges to assist with compliance of all Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Participate with government and private programs to promote the company.
- Partner with the Accounting Team to facilitate proper coding of health, pension and employee benefits.
- Partner with Loss Prevention to conduct investigations.
- Liaise with Marketing for employee communication.
- Liaise with IT for development of Human Resources management systems.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external partners i.e. banks, government agencies and vendors.
- Analyze, document and improve, as necessary, SOP’s and workflows throughout the People, Culture & Development department.
LEVELS OF AUTHORITY
- Adhere to People, Culture & Development Department KPI’s as outlined by the company.
- Provide status/progress reports to the Senior Manager of People, Culture & Development in accordance with department procedures.
- If targets cannot be met, a new plan will be established by the Senior Manager of People, Culture & Development.
To perform this job successfully, the holder of this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements contained within this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· At least 5 years of proven work experience in Human Resources management.
. Strong knowledge and understanding of labor and benefit laws.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to study and interpret situations and information.
· Good written and verbal English communication skills.
· Good organizational and coordinating skills.
· Knowledge of leadership and management practices and principles.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other industry related programs at an intermediate to high skill level.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret business data to make informative decisions and provide direction.
· Ability to generate reports and business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and associates.
. Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as the People, Culture & Development Manager, you’ll start earning between CI$60,000.00 – CI$65,000.00. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: November 18th, 2022