Meat & Seafood Supervisor
Job Title: Meat /Seafood Supervisor
Department: Meat and Seafood
Reports To: Department Manager or Assistant Store Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of Department Managers objectives by supervising and leading human resources in the assigned department. The position must assist in managing daily operations, associate development and customer satisfaction. The position must provide variety and high quality products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the department while maintaining great customer service.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Participate in training all department associates according to store policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff to meet department goals, objectives and budgets.
- Participate in associate evaluation, disciplinary and coaching processes
- Maintain knowledge of products & services.
- Participate in planning and building the department displays for maximum sales and product turnover.
- Order and maintaining inventory control of ingredients and supplies.
- Monitor the receiving and unloading, quality, counts and condition of meat and seafood merchandise.
- Perform administrative duties, scheduling and administering breaks.
- Monitor and maintain all logs for inventory control, ordering of supplies and/or merchandise, charts, schedules, etc.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures and maintain control of products and supplies.
- Monitor the receiving and unloading, quality, counts and condition department merchandise.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times.
- Perform Managerial duties in his absence.
- Understand operation and know daily maintenance of all Equipment within the meat or seafood departments.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math and follow company’s CTO’s.
- Basic computer competency required.
- Comprehension of business basics required.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates
- Ability to display initiative, work with limited supervision and follow instructions.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work with largely diverse teams.
- Ability to lift to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in consistently cold temperatures.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Interest and willingness to learn the Retail Industry and role of Manager.
- Successful 1-2 years’ experience in meat and seafood operations.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Meat & Seafood Supervisor, you’ll start earning between $10.55 to $14.66 per hour, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: January 24th, 2022