IT Network Specialist
Job Title: IT Network Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Infrastructure Manager
Job Summary – The IT Network Specialist is responsible for the implementation and support of Foster’s enterprise L2/3 switching access, distribution, and core platform, in compliance with industry best practices. The IT Network Specialist will work closely with internal and external partners to establish network specifications to meet business needs.
- Implement, monitor, and support complex Layer 2/3 wired and wireless topology.
- Implement and support Cisco/Aruba networking infrastructures (Core distribution and access – wireless controllers, access points, routers, and voice getaways).
- Operate and maintain to best practices the L2/3 network estate while ensuring operational availability, performance, and security integrity.
- Implement and support VPN’s and other secure configurations and policies.
- Integrate new technologies as deemed required for business expectations.
- QoS over voice/video/data and third-party network integrations.
- Support of firewalls and related public facing security posture to best practices.
- Monitoring of network topology and rapid-response remediation and mitigation activities.
- Troubleshoot network issues and incident forensics and reporting.
- Third-party liaison regarding network enhancements, troubleshooting and remediation when needed.
- Keeping up to date with latest network and security market trends through training and research.
- Other adhoc network engineering implementation & support deemed necessary by management.
- Degree in IT related field. (Substitute: Advanced level IT network/ops certifications).
- Industry certifications that validate advanced knowledge of Cisco, Aruba, Palo Alto and Microsoft systems e.g., Cisco CCNP Data Center, Aruba ASA and Microsoft Azure / MCSE 2016+
- Desired: A
- Strong experience with VLans, subnetting, trunking and ethernet based networking
- Excellent knowledge of L2/3 diagnostic tools (e.g., SolarWinds NPM/NTA).
- Experience troubleshooting complex LAN and WAN services with converged voice/video/data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and must embody positive interpersonal skills
- Must be able to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and teams in a friendly, productive manner.
This job revolves around critical 24/7 infrastructure, supporting >1000 users and 0000’s of endpoints, in an industry that is going through significant digital transformation. You will be part of a strong team that includes domain Specialists, Dev/Ops, CySec and service desk professionals, using leading edge analysis and collaboration platforms. This is NOT an entry level position.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as an IT Network Specialist, you’ll start earning between $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 KYD annually, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: January 2nd, 2023