Job Title: Florist
Reports To: Produce Supervisor and/or Produce Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for arrange real/artificial flowers and other decorations for wholesale distribution by design or in accordance with customer requirements. These responsibilities also included creating an organize floral designs such as arrangements for different kind of occasions/events and/or special seasons through the year (Holidays). Providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Position must also observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Create arrangement according to client’s requirements and costs, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or selects appropriate standard design pattern.
- Create new and exciting pieces within a budget or with limited resources. Being creative helps stay on top of trends.
- Trims material and arranges bouquets, sprays, wreaths, dish gardens, terrariums, and other items, using wire, pins, floral tape, foam, trimmers, cutters, shapers, and other materials and tools.
- Recommend plants or flowers and greenery for each arrangement in accordance with the customer’s budget.
- Accomplishing their goal of creating floral arrangements that satisfy customers requires.
- Train Floral Helper(s) how to arrange the specific designs in accordance with customer requirements
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in floral design.
- Excellent ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Knowledge of the techniques of cutting flowers, decorating and display
- Should be creative and possess the ability to come up with innovate ideas.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated within the framework of a team.
- Positive interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to display initiative, work with limited supervision and follow instructions within the framework of a team.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail and commitment.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Florist, the hourly salary range is CI$11.80 – CI$16.25 Based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: May 26th,2023