Job Title: Demonstrator
Reports To: Marketing Supervisor
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for creating customer brand experiences through showcasing products and their benefits, demonstrating recipes and cooking techniques, and acting as a brand ambassador. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Position must also observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Greet and serve customers samples.
- Have basic knowledge of products and different types of merchandise available with the ability to sell and offer suggestions to customers to promote department sales.
- Utilize basic prepping and cooking skills along with the ability to follow recipes to showcase cooked items.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures.
- Follow company procedures to ensure work areas are clean at all times. Wash and clean utensils, equipment, walls, floors and fixtures.
- Always show interest and willingness to learn the industry.
- Perform administrative tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math.
- Basic computer competency preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in largely diverse teams.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel between Foster’s, Priced Right, and Fosters’ Distribution Center locations.
- Intermediate food prep and cooking skills required.
- Basic food safety knowledge required (Company will provide certification to complete the Basic Food & Hygiene certification)
- Position is five days a week up to 45 hours.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following.
Job Function- Company Standards
- Greet, Offer to Assist and Thank (GOT) all customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner throughout the store.
- Play an active role in the company’s commitment to care, quality, value and service while upholding its vision, mission and culture points.
- “Commit to the company’s motto “BETTER BECAUSE WE CARE” and work with other associates to build a strong department team.”
- Effectively handle customer complaints and contact manager if necessary.
- Observe and report to shift as scheduled or assigned by Department Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Acknowledge and follow all department, store and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance always in accordance to company dress code.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that demonstrates good work ethic by being Respectful, Supportive, and Totally Team Oriented.
- Practice the “Clean as you go” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Ensure sales and work area are swept and mopped clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards, report hazards to management.
- Able to properly operate, store and clean department equipment and tools.
- Notify Management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns, unauthorized sampling, or property damage/defacement.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Department Supervisor and/or Manager.
Job Function-Position Standards
- Exercise safe food handling practices.
- Must follow uniform policy (aprons, company hat or hairnet and proper use of gloves).
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Adhere to deadlines, guidelines, and schedules set by the Marketing Department.
- Follow Demonstration schedule to prepare and plan each day’s demo.
- Coordinate with department and store management to prepare for each day’s demo.
- Prepare each day’s demo in a timely manner to maximize time in front of the customer.
- Fill and build displays in an appealing manner to increase sales.
- Offer suggestive selling by recommending products and maintaining stock levels for sales.
- Recognize and react to customers’ demand.
- Prepare and present quality products by company specifications and instructions.
- Prepare ingredients and follow recipes to demo cooked food when required.
- Prepare post-demo paperwork and send to Department Manager on a daily basis.
- Maintain demo stock room in accordance with company and department stock standards.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality.
- Ensure a safe work environment throughout the store at all times.
- Remove trash and clean department garbage containers in accordance to company policy.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Demonstrator, you’ll start earning between $11.55 to $16.05 per hour depending on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: March 13th, 2023