Database Administrator / Programmer
Job Title: Database Administrator / Software Programmer
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Business Application Manager
We are seeking a DBA / Programmer crossover to join our business applications team and take a significant role in the transformation of our application delivery platform and underlying data warehouse. Must be passionate about technology and software development, with experience in developing and maintaining scalable, high-quality applications and database solutions per industry best practices. The work environment (a highly transactional, 24/7/365 environment) requires multi-tasking and delivering quality work on multiple projects, across various business lines. You will be part of a team of IT professionals focused on application development and transformation, using todays leading technologies and processes.
• Lead / Assist in the design of and implementation of new software initiatives
• Configure and maintain Microsoft SQL 2019 HA database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance tuning using native and third-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Design, code, program, develop and implement systems/database architectural redesigns, and workflow and user interfaces, using modern coding languages
• Build, test programs & databases, remediate, and make necessary modifications
• Responsible for patching Microsoft SQL Clustered environments
• Analyze and remediate MS SQL tables & queries for stability, reliability, and performance
• Develop queries and store procedures to extract data from various source systems
• Deliver expert, hands-on technical support for urgent application and database issues
• Reporting Db and application status and metrics to senior management
• Working within a larger team of IT professionals and mentoring junior team members where applicable.
- 5+years of recent advanced experience with Microsoft SQL 2016+, Developer and Reporting Services (daily usage).
- • Requisite training and technical fluency in multiple programming languages and platforms ((e.g., Visual Studio, HTML5, CSS, Java Script, ASP.NET, SQL Server, PL/SQL, (Power) Shell Scripting, XML).
- • Full lifecycle development experience (5+ years) developing secure apps and workflows.
- • Advanced knowledge of SQL database Backup / Recovery and High Availability (HA) models.
- • Experience with No /Low-Code technologies and platforms (E.G. Decisions, MS Power Apps).
- • Experience (2+ years) creating portals and dashboards.
- • Fluency in written and spoken English.
Desired: Certification in DECISIONS Intelligent Process Automation platform.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Database Administrator, you’ll start earning between CI$ 54,000 – $67,000 (US$ ~$65k – $80k) annually, depending on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: May 1st, 2023