Job Title: Deli Supervisor
Reports To: Department Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager assigned
Job Summary – The position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of Department Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager’s objectives by supervising and leading human resources in the assigned department. The position must assist in managing daily operations, associate development and customer satisfaction. The position must also provide variety and high quality products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the department while maintaining great customer service.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Participate in training all department associates according to store policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff to meet department goals, objectives and budgets.
- Participate in associate evaluation, disciplinary and coaching processes.
- Maintain knowledge of products, procedures and services to assist with everyday tasks.
- Participate in planning and building the department displays for maximum sales and product turnover.
- Perform administrative duties, scheduling and administering breaks.
- Monitor and maintain all logs for inventory control, ordering of supplies and/or merchandise, charts, schedules, etc.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures and maintain control of products and supplies.
- Monitor the receiving and unloading, quality, counts and condition department merchandise.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math and follow company’s CTO’s.
- Basic computer competency preferred.
- Comprehension of business basics preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates
- Ability to display initiative, work with limited supervision and follow instructions.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work with largely diverse teams.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred;
- Interest and willingness to learn the Retail Industry and role of Manager.
- Basic Food & Hygiene Certification.
- Successful 3-4 years experience in deli operations.
- Ability to endure hot/cold temperatures.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Deli Cook, you’ll start earning between $11.05 and $15.21 per hour, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.