Food & Lifestyle
Updated: July 30, 2021
Creamy Tomato Farfalle
Love tomatoes? Well this recipe is for you! This creamy classic is full of tomatoes and packed with quality ingredients. Try it for yourself.
- 1 x 1.1LB De Cecco Farfalle (Bow Tie Pasta)
- 2 x Bridge Bio Oat Cream (200 ml each)
- 1 x 24 oz can Hunts Traditional Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hunts Tomato Paste
- ½ jar of Waitrose Sun-Dried Tomatoes (280 g)
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 1 x clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp Plant Based Butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- *optional add a cup of spinach – combine and stir until wilted (remove the stems)
- Melt 2 tbsp plant based butter in a large frying pan. Blend ¼ of a small onion and one large clove garlic in a blender with ½ of one container of Bridge Bio Cream – blend until smooth. Mix that mixture with the flour and plant-based butter into the large pan until it forms a paste. Begin to add the remaining bridge bio creams to make the sauce. Gradually add the Hunts Traditional Tomato Sauce and combine well. Then add half of a jar of sundried tomatoes finely chopped. Incorporate some of the oil with the tomatoes into the sauce.
- If you choose to add the spinach combine at the end and gently stir until the spinach is wilted (be sure stems have been removed from the spinach)
- Prepare 1 bag of De Cecco Farfalle (Bow Tie) pasta. Once cooked al dente combine with the sauce and serve.
This recipe is sponsored by Progressive Distributors.