Job Title: Category Manager
Department: Category Management, Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Executive Manager of Category/Sales/Marketing
Job Summary – The holder of this position reports to the Executive Manager of Category/Sales/Marketing and is responsible for
effectively leading, coordinating, organizing, planning and optimizing human, intellectual and technology resources in
category management to support the company’s vision, mission and culture. The holder of this position will utilize their
skills to develop the overall strategy for categorization of products and analyzation of movement to support purchasing,
marketing and store teams in driving sales.
The Administrative section includes all departments listed below:
- Category Management
- Marketing and Customer Relations
- Analyze department financials to identify trends and areas for reducing expenses and increasing revenues.
- Prepare annual capital and operational budget.
- Implement category strategies to optimize business efficiency.
- Use data to determine product performance, assess strategies and develop solutions to improve product
- Assist with creating exit strategies for less popular or unsuccessful products at store locations.
- Create planograms for store layouts and product location for optimal sales growth.
- Work with store departments to set up product positions.
ORGANIZATION SUPPORT AND COMMUNICATION
- Consistently demonstrate good judgement and the ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful
- Participate in team building by training, coaching and developing staff in collaboration with company policies and
- Delegate tasks, set deadlines and use initiative, ingenuity, and good judgement to act on opportunities and solve
- Recognize high performance and create an inspiring team environment with a culture of open communication.
- Conduct team meetings with store teams as needed.
- Support Store, Assistant Store, Department Managers with any needs and challenges to optimize the performance of
- Partner with the Marketing team to design promotional activities for products.
- Liaise with Procurement Senior Manager and Buyers for identification and securing of new items.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors for potential business opportunities.
- Analyze, document and improve as necessary SOP’s and workflows throughout the company
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store or department requires to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other industry related programs at an intermediate to high skill
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize with efficiency.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business data to make informative decisions and provide direction.
- Ability to generate reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates,
- vendors and customers.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Procurement Manager, you’ll start earning between CI $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 depending on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: September 16th, 2022