Job Title: Information Technology Associate
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: I.T. Support Manager
Job Summary – The Associate Level 1 role duties revolve around fit-out and maintenance activities as relates to end-point equipment (mechanical / electronic devices), throughout the company. The selected candidate(s) will be trained to perform the functions and ultimately be responsible for providing quality helpdesk service to industry best-practices. This position requires work on Sundays and overnight shifts as the needs demand.
This is an entry-level position
- Learning and using said knowledge to keep covered equipment and tools in optimal working condition.
- Maintaining, cleaning, and testing covered equipment.
- Disassembly, cleaning, rebuilding, installing/relocating, and testing covered equipment.
- Diagnosing equipment problems and performing fix/remediation
- Cable and power management works to ensure structured cabling approach.
- Inspection and remediation of register/lane issues, while also ensuring tidiness, cleanliness, and security
- Use of email and Foster’s Help Desk to initiate, update and complete support tickets.
- Collaboration with wider IT Service Team members, in the delivery of end-to-end solutions
- Corresponding with vendors (locally and abroad) to acquire support or shipping info where hardware must be returned for repair, including the safe handling and packaging of the goods for shipping.
- Handling all equipment with extreme care and competency, during different aspects of preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Following inventory control procedures and perform periodic equipment inventory counts.
- Maintaining an organized and clean work area at all times.
- Working with other team members on projects
- Providing front-line response for the Fosters Help Desk
- Familiarity with computer and mobile phone fundamentalsFamiliarity with basic tool operations and a strong desire to learn new procedures and skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and demonstrate understanding of same.
- Ability to perform basic math and measurement calculations.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Able to work varied hours/days as the needs dictate including overnight and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Agility and flexibility needed for work on ladders, underneath machinery and ceiling crawl space areas.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have valid CI Driver’s license and reliable vehicle transportation, as the work will require you to be in many locations throughout each day.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as an IT Associate, you’ll start earning $12.00- $16.52 per hour. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: April 26th, 2023