Job Title: Cake Decorator
Reports To: Bakery Supervisor, Bakery Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager assigned
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for in-store activities within the Department, including providing assistance to the Department Supervisor and/or Manager by maintaining, preparing and presenting merchandise and stock levels. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Position must also observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Greet and serve customers including taking custom orders, packaging, pricing, and filling items.
- Have basic knowledge of products available, including seasonal products to promote department sales.
- Decorate custom cakes and pastries of various sizes and designs.
- Prepare orders from customers for cakes, special pastries, or breads.
- Provide customer consultations for custom cake decorations.
- Load utensils, pans, trays, etc. into sinks for washing.
- Rotate all merchandise to ensure quality and freshness.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures.
- Follow company procedures to ensure work areas are clean at all times.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math.
- Basic computer competency preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in largely diverse teams.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to Timely Multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience as a cake decorator.
- Ability to work with fondant.
- Decoration skills or proven qualifications required
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Cake Decorator, you’ll start earning between KYD$11.05 to CI$15.21 per hour, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: June 9th, 2023