Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Applications Manager
Job Summary – The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for the review, analysis and evaluation of business systems and user needs. As a BA you will document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems (design and Implementation) to parallel overall business strategies for the company. All effort is to be in a best-practice manner, in order to ensure the development, implementation, availability and maintenance of enterprise soft-solutions, to meet current and future needs.
Foster’s uses enterprise solutions from Sun Systems (Infor), NCR Power Enterprise, Microsoft SQL databases and Power Automate (BI); therefore, this role requires solid working knowledge of these business-critical application suites.
- Analyze and design programming specifications for new and existing software systems.
- Study business functions so as to recommend controls, improve procedures and integrations and optimize workflows; in particular around Sun Infor and NCR Power Enterprise suites.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Manipulate data collected from various applications and workflows, so as to produce analytical reports and meaningful metrics, in support of business objectives and better decision making.
- Prepare timely documentation and training materials relating to software usage.
- Lead technical training initiatives to enhance departmental SME knowledge of critical business software’s.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
- Work together with the IT Department, department managers and external vendors to understand and translate further business / functional requirements into system specifications, workflows, and actionable outcomes.
- In collaboration with personnel and tools, contribute effectively to the documentation of system workflows.
- Work collectively with internal and external IT teams to deliver fit-for-purpose business application solutions and workflows.
- Oversight and lead in application coding changes and improvements.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations.
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Ba/MSc University Degree in IT related field
- Demonstrable knowledge integrating around NCR Power Enterprise
- Demonstrable knowledge around NCR’s Birst BI and Reporting tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of leading programming languages (HTML, JAVA, VBas, PShell, .net)
- Microsoft certification in SQL database structures, tables, and datasets.
- +5 years’ experience developing applications and improving workflows
- Solid understanding of data mapping and workflow alignment.
- Good written and verbal skills and be able to translate workflows to actionable tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Excel, Word etc).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Must embody positive interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and teams in a friendly, productive manner.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
This job revolves around critical 24/7 infrastructure in an industry that is going through significant digital transformation
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Business Analyst, you’ll start earning between $55,000.00 to $72,000.00 annually, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: March 15th, 2022