Vegan doesn’t mean boring! This Lemon Cake is moist, fluffy, soft, and will leave you wondering how is this vegan!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 3 eggs substitute ( follow the instructions of the package)
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of water
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (1 cup of coconut milk from the can add 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice)
Step 1: To start, preheat your oven to 350?. Spray a 9 inch round pan with
vegetable cooking spray.
Step 2: In a mixer bowl put all the ingredients together but the baking the
powder. Mix in medium speed until the ingredients only incorporate. Turn off and add the baking powder and mix slowly with whisk.
Step 3: Bake your cake for about 38 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Overbaking this cake can dry it out, so be sure to keep an eye on your bake time.
Lemon Vegan Buttercream:
- 420 grs of powdered sugar
- 225 grs of Vegan Butter (cold and cut in small pieces)
- 2 to 5 tsp of oat milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
In a mixer put all the ingredients together and add slowly the oat milk to have the consistency to spread on the cake.